[xubuntu-users] projectors on Xubuntu Lucid

Yorvyk yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 18 21:19:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 20:36:05 +0300
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all
> I'm new to Ubuntu and I've previously had disastrous experiences with
> external projectors using Linux with Xfce, so here's my question: has
> anyone successfully used an external project with Xubuntu Lucid? Were
> particular tweaks needed (xrandr, Xorg.conf, reboots, etc.) or did it
> work out-of-the-box?

I tried two Panasonics a while back, one ten times the price of the other.  The cheap one worked if it was plugged in when the system booted the £7,000 one we couldn’t get to work with either Xubuntu or Ubuntu, or Windows Vista for that matter.  This was with a Matrox graphics card.  It did, however, work with the salesmen’s laptop and an Ubuntu Live CD (which he took away), using nVidia graphics having downloaded the appropriate driver and using the nVidia settings/control program.
So it seems to a mixed bag still.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net