[xubuntu-users] Freeze @ boot

HB hex1a4 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 20:56:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

My Xubuntu box was working just fine until today when I woke up to a blank
screen. Nothing worked.  I rebooted but the computer froze.  I rebooted a
bunch of times to no avail.  It just will not boot.  Sometimes I don't
even get GRUB.  Other times GRUB loads only partially (Background
image but no menu). Only once did GRUB load (then freeze) and when it did
I had the following message:

/-----------------------------------------\
|      pstk                   rstk        |
|  :                 |   :                |
| 0:   259.   9      |   :                |
| 1: 52294.   a      |   :                |
| 2: 52302.   a      |   :                |
| 3:  e081.   4      |  0:  ffffffff. 5   |
| err 1                                   |
| ip 0000:              1a.7              |

Does this mean anything to anyone? Please help.

Thank you.