[xubuntu-users] USB problem

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu May 13 04:55:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, 13 May 2010 00:48:33 -0400
"Lee Gold" <leegold at operamail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a USB flash drive. !GB works OK in windows. and previous version of Xubuntu. Noticing some weird action: When I put it in and I double click a folder to open the folder it opens the folder as expected,  I then hit the UP arrow in thunar taking me back to my original upper level directory. I then try to open another folder and I can NOT. Even if I right click the folder there's now no option there to open a folder.
>
> If I umnount then remount the drive again I can open a folder once then all other folder opening is impossible.
>
> What is going on? Is there a fix? Seemed trouble started with newest version 10.4.

This is a bug that shows up when using thunar with detailed view, where
you see the dates and times. If you change it to icon view or compact
view, it will quit locking up. I have the fix for this now, but it has
not yet made it to Xubuntu 10.04.

You can use CTRL+2 to switch to detailed view, and CTRL+3 to switch to
compact view.

--
Charlie Kravetz