[xubuntu-users] Sound Problem: Is PulseAudio the Culprit?

Robin dixiedancer at gmail.com
Wed May 12 02:37:06 UTC 2010

I had no sound issues with Karmic. It was perfect! No PulseAudio to
compete or conflict with ALSA. Now Lucid has both, and I have no sound.
This could be a show stopper for a dancer - I gotta have my music!

Should I remove PulseAudio? Has anyone done so in Lucid harmlessly, and
did it restore sound? I'd be very interested in knowing exactly how
anyone who had this problem solved it.

Fresh install of Lucid Xubuntu, Dell Dimension B110 Celeron, 512 RAM

Thanks,
Robin