[xubuntu-users] Upgrade Disk

Schneider János ckop64 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 05:30:50 UTC 2010

2010. 05. 9, vasárnap keltezéssel 18.17-kor bizdev at pwnspeak.com ezt
írta:
> Has anyone had problems with installing 10.04 fresh from a disk?
>
> Specifically from a US mirror?
>

> My disk is not bootable.  I've wasted 20 disks and downloaded the iso 10
>
> times.  Nothing works.  Continuous SYSTEM ERROR, disk not bootable or
>
> something messages.
>

> Immediately following I downloaded the old 9.10 US mirror, burned it, and
>
> it booted just fine.
>

> Tim H.

I had some with Ubuntu from the Hungarian mirror. Mine was bootable, but
before the live session would start i experienced an error screen, which
described as an "Unrecoverable system error". It also didn't restart
after the installation was complete. I Needed to manualy reboot my
system (system locked up, used the reset button). So the whole sequence
was weird, but other than that, I have a working 10.04 dist.

Have you tried to download the image from a different mirror?