[xubuntu-users] HOW TO MOUNT USB DEVICE

Tue Mar 23 10:57:26 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:44 AM, mischa falkenburg <
because_productions at myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> Hello All,
> Today's dilemma is  WHY doesn't a COBY MPC854  show up either on the
> Desktop or on the Places list?
> I have a Creative MuVo that shows every time I plug it into the cable.
> I'm running 9.04, any ideas?
> Thanks, Mischa
You Caps Lock is on ;-)

Anyway, could it be that the MP3-player has multiple modes? I'm not sure how
to describe it but my sister's MP3-player (a Sansa e200 IIRC) has both a USB
mode and some weird music mode or something that did just about the same as
USB but only displayed the music when you connected it to a Windows
computer. On Ubuntu, however, it didn't work, so you might want to check if
it's using USB mode.

Also, could you open Applications->Accessories->Terminal, type "lsusb",
press Enter and send the output?