[xubuntu-users] Upgrade Xubuntu Karmic to Lucid (via command line???)

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Mon Jul 19 17:41:31 UTC 2010

It would appear that on Jul 18, Charlie Kravetz did say:

> Since I did not know the correct answer, I went searching and found the
> following in [1]:
>
> Network upgrade for Ubuntu servers (Recommended)
>
>    1.   Install update-manager-core if it is not already
>    installed:
>
>       sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
>
>    2.  edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set Prompt=normal
>    3.  Launch the upgrade tool:
>
>       sudo do-release-upgrade
>
>    4.  Follow the on-screen instructions.
>
> These instructions lead me to believe it should work for a desktop, too.
>
> [1] http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/upgrade

Thanks Charlie... That looks more like the directions I vaguely remembered
reading once upon a time...

I guess it really does make a diff which search engine you use.

I'm betting you use either google or scroogle.

I stopped using google directly back when I first discovered scroogle. And
when that stopped working I set my default  to yahoo (not because I thought
yahoo was any "better" but because If google was going to block scroogle,
then MY searches weren't going that way.

But my yahoo search didn't find the above page... Sigh!

Note: (I just discovered that scroogle is up and running once again And so
I just restored it's default search engine status...)