[xubuntu-users] x7.10 logon

Ярослав Райченко gruz222 at rambler.ru
Sun Jan 24 22:45:12 UTC 2010

hi there,
recently "downgraded" from xubuntu 9.10 to the  7.10 (my PC seemd to be
too old for 9.10) and faced the login problem, i.e. after filling in
username- password the screen swiched to the text mode displaying that
certain services are ok, then came back to the login menu not letting me
in. I think this is because of the screen resolution - windows took a
while to draw displaying ommitions. By the way that was the reason to
leave x9.10.  Here are some questions:
1) how to get in the system (may be by means of the console);
2) is there the way to edit some conf file responsible for the screen
resolution;
3) is there any way to setup a com mouse in 7.10?
thanks,
Alex