[xubuntu-users] Network Manager. . .

kelly kelly at chiefsez.com
Mon Aug 16 08:00:54 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have recently installed v10.04 (lts) on two different machines using
the alternate installation CD (md5 checked) for amd 64/32 structure.
Installation appeared to be fully successful.

However, both machines return with the same exact problem -- no network
manager icon to be found.  Anywhere.

The network is operational and the "Session and Start" "Application
Autostart" for network manager *is* enabled.  Further if I "sudo
NetworkManager" I receive the following:

"NetworkManager is already running[.]"

With grief condign I am unable to make any adjustments if needed or
desired.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Oh, I shall not list this as a bug unless directed to do so.

Thank y'all,

--
krp