[xubuntu-users] How to load wifi card module ? and LED fluttering

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 20 21:08:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Nils Kassube wrote:

> You can put the command "modprobe rtl8187" in /etc/rc.local. To do that,
> use the command

Nils,

   Thank you for this information! I use rc.local on my Slackware boxes, but
didn't think of looking for it on my wife's laptop running xubuntu-9.04.
This should resolve the problem of the pcmcia wireless adapter drivers no
longer loading when the system is booted; a change from previous versions.

Much appreciated,

Rich