[xubuntu-users] 9.04 Upgrade: Lost Network Connectivity & Power Off

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:31:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 17:06:52 +0100, Rich Shepard
<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>>   Thanks, Steve. To the end of the kernel line in
>> /etc/boot/grub/menu.lst
>> I added: acpi=force pci=noacpi. I'll test this when I shut down the
>> machine this evening.
>
>    Well, this makes no difference when shutting down the machine. Still
> won't
> power off.
>
>    Is there something else I can try? This is not a fatal flaw, just a
> bother. It used to work.

Hi Rich,

Try adding 'apm power_off=1' to the end of '/etc/modules'.  I’ve only
tried this on one machine so far but, it does work.  You may have to
remove the 'acpi=force' option from Grub to get it to work. 'acpi=force'
doesn’t work on the machine I’ve tested it on so I don’t know if will
conflict or not.

--
Steve