[xubuntu-users] 9.04 Upgrade: Lost Network Connectivity & Power Off

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:36:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 17:06:52 +0100, Rich Shepard
<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>>   Thanks, Steve. To the end of the kernel line in
>> /etc/boot/grub/menu.lst
>> I added: acpi=force pci=noacpi. I'll test this when I shut down the
>> machine this evening.
>
>    Well, this makes no difference when shutting down the machine. Still
> won't
> power off.
>
>    Is there something else I can try? This is not a fatal flaw, just a
> bother. It used to work.
>
> Rich

I only said it might work :-)
It’s one of those problems I keep meaning to look into but, never seem to
get time for at the moment.  As you’ve found out machines that used to
work now don’t.  I have a couple of machines that have never powered down
before but, now do with 9.04.  It can be a problem as I have put a couple
of old machines in charities and they can get left on. When I get some
time at the end of the week I’ll have a look round the net see if anybody
has any bright ideas.

--
Steve