[xubuntu-users] NETWORK "ISSUE"

Mischa Falkenburg because_productions at myfairpoint.net
Tue Nov 24 19:30:01 UTC 2009

Hello All.

I've sort of been "blindly" trying to figure-out some sort of home
network setup. Using Synaptic Package Manager, and typing in the word
"Network", and then installing various things that sorta caught my
interest. Well, after a couple days I came to the conclusion that I was
trying too much too soon. So, I went about Removing what I thought I
wouldn't want for my initial "experiments". What I removed seems to have
affected what still "works". For one thing, there is no longer a
wireless strength indicator on the top bar of my screen...but, I seem to
still have a connection. Also, when I try running Update Manager in the
attempt to rectify what I've managed to do, I'll get an error message
about something called "bacula". It seems that IT, or a portion of it,
is not where the system is looking for it - in the /etc folder.
Sorry this is so long. Any ideas?
Thanks-in-advance,

Mischa