[xubuntu-users] Need Help Finishing 9.04 Installation

Robin dixiedancer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:05:12 UTC 2009

I am a newbie myself, but I found that I could not play mp3s until I had
installed the xubuntu-restricted extras package. Look here
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu) for some advice on getting
multimedia stuff to work.

I am curious about why you chose 9.04 when 9.10 is available and may
offer better support (it solved a graphics problem I had given up on
9.04). Mine came with most of the networking and shutdown stuff already
in the toolbar. I have heard that the network manager called "wicd"
works much better with most wireless connections than the default does.
It is in the repositories and easily installed using Synaptic Package
Manager.

Omygosh... a newbie giving advice! 8-)

-Robin