[xubuntu-users] Open Thunar as Root?

Robin dixiedancer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:55:41 UTC 2009

Hi, me again...

I have some favorite wallpapers that I wanted to add to Xubuntu's
collection but they were all "padlocked." Despite changing permissions
for those folders I couldn't copy and paste them from /pictures into
/usr/share/xfce4/backgrounds.

I installed pcmanfm because it has an option to "open current folder as
root," so I was able to do what I wanted. But I wonder if I missed
something in Thunar. Shouldn't I have been able to move those files
without having to use a whole 'nother file manager?

And if not, will I totally bork my system if I remove Thunar and just
use pcmanfm (rather than have two applications that do the same job)?

Thanks,
Robin
(still excited about Xubuntu anyway)