[xubuntu-users] Application priority

Michele Mor m_mor at mail15.com
Tue May 12 16:06:42 UTC 2009

Hi.
Since I have an old laptop, I usually launch Firefox and start browsing.
Then I launch Openoffice and go back to FF to keep browsing.

The annoying thing is that suddenly Openoffice jump into focus and I have to click again on FF.

Note that the opposite is true.
I open OO, start writing, then launch FF. I keep writing in OO and suddenly I find myself writing in FF!!

Is it possible to change the behaviour of applications and force them to stay in the background, until specifically selected by the user?

Hope my explanation is clear.
Thanks.
Michele