[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 9.04 alternate - corrupted ISO

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu May 7 18:37:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, 07 May 2009 16:55:09 +0200
Stjepan Brbot <stjepan.brbot at zg.t-com.hr> wrote:

> I donwloaded Xubuntu 9.04 alternate i386 several times from different
> mirrors and recorded it onto CD using different recording speeds
> (including 2x) but internal installation checksum verification always
> reports the same error:
>
> The ./pool/main/g/gcalctool/gcalctool_5.26.0-0ubuntu1_i386.deb failed
> the MD5 checksum verification.
>
> Interesting is that checking downloaded ISO file using MD5 given on
> download sites is OK.
>
> It seems that something is wrong with this ISO file (Xubuntu 9.04
> alternate). Could somebody confirm successful installation of this
> Xubuntu? (alternate)

I downloaded the Xubuntu 9.04 alternate-i386.iso using the reference at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/JauntyJackalope/Final#To%20Get%20Xubuntu%209.04 .

I burned the iso to a cd-r using Brasero, and then ran "Check disk for
defects" from the main menu of the cd. On my PIII, 866MHz cpu with
512MB ram, I have to turn off the computer and turn it back on to run
the installation, which is normal for that computer.

I then ran the installation with no issues.

--
Charlie Kravetz