[xubuntu-users] (no subject)

Chris Ross kristoff101 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:59:59 UTC 2009

I have the following hardware
Sony Picturebook PCG-C1XD
Pentium II 400 MHz
128 MB Ram
10Gb HDD
USB floppy
PCMCIA CD Drive
Display adapter Neomagic Magicmedia 256AV

Due to the amount of available Ram I wonder whether or not I should go with
release 8.1 given the recommended config below, or go for an earlier
version.

I will be using the laptop to browse and possible use with skype.

I understand that installing should be done using the alternative installer
given the limited amount of memory.

8.10, (Intrepid Ibex) - "Xubuntu can run with starting from 192 (or even
just 128) MB RAM, but it is strongly recommended to have at least 256 MB
RAM"

--
Thanks
Chris