[xubuntu-users] Printer installation

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 13:57:32 BST 2009

Hi Vincent,

I had a similar issue with HP software and had to download a new
version from their website.  You should probably try that.  If nothing
else cups should provide minimal printing out of the box, i.e. no ink
monitoring, etc. to at least get her printing some.  If the Printer is
a wireless printer I know on the HP I have it had to be setup via a
cable or Windoze first.

Also if the above doesn't help you might put in a ticket to Samsung or
check their forums.  Since Linux is a supported platform they should
take an email ticket if nothing else.  Again, my experience with HP
support did not provide me with any direct answers but gave me enough
information to go on.

Good luck!

Mike
---
Rorschach: By the way, you need a stronger lock. That new one broke
after one shove. - Watchmen