[xubuntu-users] Default Screen Resolution & Refresh Frequency

hannah josephine dippe hannah at hannah-and-friends.de
Sun Jan 18 13:02:08 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag, den 18.01.2009, 15:40 +0700 schrieb Xianwen Chen:
> Dear List,
>
>       I guess Xubuntu 8.10 misunderstood my CRT (IBM E74) as an LCD,
> that it automatically used the maximum screen resolution as default,
> with a 60HZ refresh frequency. Though I could find lower resolution
> options in the panel, but all of them are associated with 60HZ refresh
> frequency setting. What shall I do, to get a simple 1024x768 at 85HZ
> back?

Hello Wen,

at first, I'm no longer member of this list, I unsubscribed a few days
ago. But by the way, displaysettings in unbuntu are difficult.

The best way to solve your problem is to install an old ubuntu-version
like 7.04. After the system is up with good displayfunctions, save the
actual <xorg.conf>. Then remove this installation and copy <xorg.conf>
into your actual system.

I've spend a lot of time to bring up my old thinkpad i1200 to featured
resolution.
Any help from the userlist doesn't solve the problem.

Please let me know, if my idea solves your problem.

Wish you to have a nice sunday and stand by

with greetings

hannah