[xubuntu-users] grub2 autoupdate problem

T H Stearns thomasstearns at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 14:06:02 GMT 2009

People:

I have an IBM X24 with ActionTec MiniPCI-LAN card. My Ubuntu 9.1 recognizes
the card but refuses to connect wirelessly. I have ndiswrapper and a Windows
driver file but cannot connect the two together because the Windows driver
is an archive which unpacks itself into a Windows folder of folders plus
several other files. I know the driver actually consists of 5 of those files
(somewhat dependant on your O/S) but don't know how to get them into my
Ubuntu O/S.

I don't know whether the inaction is a result of no driver or poor settings.
I had instantaneous connection with a MAndriva install--it found the card
and several routers all by itself.

I know the card is good because when I use Windows 2K in the same machine it
connects.

Tom Stearns
3 Brander Court
Nashua, NH