[xubuntu-users] Screen Resolution

John Alfred Nathanael Chee cheecheeo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 00:50:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 16:02, T H Stearns <thomasstearns at comcast.net> wrote:
> Nothing whatever happens when I click on Resolution Switcher.
>
> I am willing to wrassle with Terminal--please give complete commands. I know
> nothing about Unix commands or syntax.
>
> Ubuntu runs Xdce desktop; resolution switcher is for gnome.

The gnome screen resolution application is 'gnome-display-properties'
try running that in the terminal and posting the output. Don't install
anything if it asks you to.

If the graphical screen resolution application is broken then the next
step is to run 'xrandr' in the terminal, please post the output of
that command also.

--
Love in Jesus Christ, John Alfred Nathanael Chee
http://www.biblegateway.com/