[xubuntu-users] System Recovery - 20-APRIL-2009

panos zafiriou zafiriou.p at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 16:48:58 UTC 2009

Hi there people, I need some expert advice.

I am using xubuntu dual-boot with grub on a Toshiba laptop that has an
Ati Radeon X1600 gc.

I recently tried to start my laptop with a projector connected. It
went to the grub list and I selected the ubuntu choice but then it
came to the ubuntu screen displayed when you install the ubuntu
system. I did a hard shut down and disconnected the projector and now
the system will not boot to ubuntu.

the most information I have is that there is a bug in xorg that will
not accept projectors.

can anyone please haelp so I can get back to ubuntu? I hate windows.
If there is no luck with changing this, can I still save my home
folder and use it after I format my hard drive? can someone please
talk me through?

thank you guys