[xubuntu-users] Shortcut to keyboard

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 28 16:05:45 UTC 2008

> > > Could you please package the newer version of
> > > xfce4-xkb-plugin?
> >
> > Thanks for asking that :-)
>

> Actually, I was asking you :P
> Asking the Xubuntu developers isn't of much use,
> because they got plenty of stuff to do already,
> and they won't change their priorities just because
> people ask here. (You'd have to email the xubuntu-devel
> list for that,anyway)

Oh well. Do you imagine that, by emailing xubuntu-devel, I would just being given an account so I could upload my deb files? You're over-optimistic.

Well, building xfce4-xkb-plugin took no time on my Mint XFCE installation (now broken, but not because of the plugin).

> > Xubuntu release, can someone just take a look on what
> > might be new and of interest out there in the Goodies?
>

> Sure. Who?

The devs? Some users and report back to the devs?

> Please take note that Goodies are not part of Xfce.

Oh, don't start again! This is the Xfce mantra: "Goodies are not ours, we don't know who's writing them, and we failed to notice they're on our server!"

Xfce without Goodies WOULD BE UNUSABLE (sorry for shouting, but I wanted to emphasize a truth).

FYI, Mandriva packages each and every Goodie and puts it on the unofficial XFCE spin One CD.

Maybe I should post on the xubuntu-devel list, but asking them to be proud of Xubuntu and to emphasize on usability by accepting to care about some Goodies might open a war, and I am tired of flame wars: I simply cannot state a simple truth or ask for a simple thing, anywhere, without being accused of this or that.

I fell I'll regret for having joined this list too. Or maybe not this list, but on xubuntu-devel they would simply kill me :-(

Rgds,
BĂ©ranger