[xubuntu-users] Update to 8.10

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 22:56:16 UTC 2008

Lee,

No problem.

In Synaptic Package Manager, choose Settings/Repositories and then click the
'Updates' tab on the dialog that appears.
For 'Release Upgrade' choose 'Normal Releases'.

Now, when you run Update Manager, and click 'Check', the option to upgrade
to version 8.10 should appear.

Regards,
David Collins

Hint: I have had a problem with the screen-saver with 2 upgrades.  If you
will be leaving the PC during the process (it can take a long time), it
might help to kill the screensaver process before you start.