[xubuntu-users] networking lost on upgrade

Gary Crosby grcrosby at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:44:41 UTC 2008

I just upgraded one of the family desktops to 8.10 and after rebooting
I could not connect to the internet. Network options on the desktop
are not helping. I looked at changing the settings at
/etc/network/interfaces but it only made more problems. This is the
first problem I have had upgrading in three years of using ubuntu. Any
ideas. None of the GUI tools are making a difference nor are the cli
tools that I know. Any ideas would be appreciated.

gary