[xubuntu-users] Share bookmarks XP with Xubuntu

Marko Oreskovic markoresko at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 23:18:47 UTC 2008

leegold wrote:
> I have two hard drives one is Xubuntu the other is XP. I want to have
> access to my XP Firefox bookmarks in Xubuntu's FF. What's the best way
> to do this? I can mount the XP NTFS hard drive with no problems in
> Xubuntu read/write - so if that's part of the solution I can do that...

You could transfer bookmarks.html from profile on one system to another.
Also, I think that you can transfer ALL data.
only Difference is profile paths inside prefs.js file.

On WindBlows, it is somewhere inside <Drive>\Documents and
settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\<profilecode>\
On Linux it is somewhere in
/home/<username>/.mozilla/firefox/<profilecode>/

(Sorry if I omit something in path, but, you get Idea)

I Myself use Seamonkey (Application suite that have mail/news client,
irc, web browser integrated, based on same Mozilla technology as Firefox
and Thunderbird, http://www.seamonkey-project.org/),
and I managed to transfer all my data (2.5+Gigs of Mail,Newsgroups large
bookmark, saved passwords,certificates etc,) only by copying whole
profile and editing prefs.js file for changing paths.
And i did it from Windblows to Linux. (When windblows died and I was
booting Linux from CD to work).
And then again the same data from Linux back to Windblows. And finally
from WindBlows to Linux permanently ;)