[xubuntu-users] strange samba(?) behavior

Andrew Kane googoleyes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:47:40 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm using pyNeighborhood to mount a Windows share on an XP box on my
LAN. pyNeighborhood shows the shared dir mounted under /mnt/lan/(other
computer's name) and in fact I can see the files from the Open Files
dialog in GPHPEdit. However, if I point Nautilus or Thunar at
/mnt/lan/(computername)/(sharename) I see no files.

ls on the relevant directory in a terminal shows the files.

I didn't test mc as I don't have it installed.

Interestingly, pyNeighborhood allows me to open the mount point in
Thunar by right-clicking on the mount point listing and selecting the
appropriate action- when I do so, the files show up in Thunar.

Obviously this isn't a big deal, since I can make it work- I'm just
curious about it and wondering if anyone can shed some light. I
haven't turned anything up google-wise yet but if/when I do I'll post
here if no one minds.