[xubuntu-users] Yet more Newbie questions :)

returnCode returncode at gmail.com
Fri May 30 12:33:09 UTC 2008

Hallo Jeff,
simdock is fun, but you can install THE DEFINITIVE DOCK: AWN,  with a lot of
themes, applet and so for ...

Just enable composite manager in Setting manager -> Windows Manager Tweaks"
-> Compositor -> Enable display compositing

Add this repository in /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/reacocard-awn/ubuntu gutsy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/reacocard-awn/ubuntu gutsy main

Update your system

apt-get update

Then install AWN

sudo apt-get install avant-window-navigator-bzr awn-core-applets-bzr
awn-manager-bzr

The result of your desktop may be similar to mine:

http://returncode.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/vpn1.png

You can find useful this how to from ubuntu forum:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4762383#post4762383

HTH

Nunzio aka returncode [at] gmail [dot] com

mail: returnCode at gmail.com
blog: http://returnCode.wordpress.com