[xubuntu-users] autostarted application

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Thu May 29 17:08:39 BST 2008

On 5/29/08, Teo <teo666 at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> thanx, you're right..
>

> > ...Compiz should be able to start Emerald automatically.
>
> ..DONE..
>

> > recommended way is to have it start up instead of xfwm4.
>
> ..DONE..
>

> > before the Autostarted Applications so you can then just place gdesklets
> > in there.
>
> ..RIGHT..
>
> Ok, let's do a step back: my gdesklets.
>
> I've putted some desklets on my desktop in specific positions, but when
> I start them through autostarted apps they don't keep correct positions
> (not all..but 1 or 2..and not necessarily the same..) and make me crazy..
> If I manually start gdesklets the positions are correct..and make me mad..
> I've tried to save or not the session on exit..but nothing change..any
> idea???

This might just be a bug in gDesklets, I'm not an expert (don't even use
gDesklets myself), but they can probably help you if you file a bug at
https://launchpad.net/gdesklets/+filebug
(Note: that's reporting a bug for gDesklets, and while it's on Launchpad,
it's independent of Ubuntu, so be sure to mention what system you're using)

Teo.

Cheers,

--
Vincent