[xubuntu-users] Javascript error in Firefox 3.0

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 09:28:49 UTC 2008

On 6/9/08, John Botscharow <info at jbotscharow.com> wrote:

> A site I have a paid membership in that I use to homeschool my son user
> images with javascript behind them for navigation. These links do not
> work in Ubuntu, but they do work in my son's Windows XP. I cleared the
> error console before trying one of the links in my Xubuntu 8.04 and
> here is the error message I got:
>
> Error: window.navigate is not a function
> Source File:
> http://www.thelearningodyssey.com/PIP/pip_subjects.aspx?SessionID=AD810E305B984CC98D726EC5ACE9B687
> Line: 524
>
> Any suggestions on how to get these links to work?

As Cody said, this is probably not the appropriate list for Javascript
errors, and I'm not fluent in Javascript myself, but this sounds like a
problem with the website. Perhaps they have some browser sniffing code or
something that triggers it, anyway, the website owners might appreciate it
if you notify them of the error.

(Or perhaps this error also occurs in Windows and just has nothing to do
with the links not working? What does "not working" mean, by the way? Can
you click them but is nothing happening, are they leading to the wrong
location, don't they appear at all?)

- --

--
Vincent