[xubuntu-users] MS Outlook Web Access Issues

John Botscharow info at jbotscharow.com
Fri Jun 6 11:51:11 UTC 2008

Scott Eaton wrote:
> Running Hardy with Firefox 3.0b5
>
> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 13:49 -0300, Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
>> I don't experience this issue. What version of Firefox are you
>> running? What version of Xubuntu are you running?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Scott Eaton <sjeaton at wowway.com>
>> wrote:
>>         Greeting fellow users!
>>
>>         I have a recurring problem.  When accessing my work email
>>         using Firefox
>>         I can read and open emails, but cannot send.
>>
>>         Oddly, if I install a different browser (Opera, Galilon, etc)
>>         I can send
>>         emails...but only a few times, and then I can't anymore.
>>
>>         When I hit send it just becomes stuck.
>>
>>         I suspect a Java issue...but can't be sure.  All Java apps on
>>         my box are
>>         up-to-date.
>>
>>         Any ideas?
>>
>>         Regards,
>>         Scott
>>

>>         --
>>

>> --
>> Cody A.W. Somerville
>> Software Engineer
>> Red Cow Marketing & Technologies, Inc.
>> Office: 506-458-1290
>> Toll Free: 1-877-733-2699
>> Fax: 506-453-9112
>> Cell: 506-449-5899
>> Email: cody at redcow.ca
>> http://www.redcow.ca

I am running a similar desktop and have a sinilar issue with the
honeschooling site my youngest son uses. The site does a browser check
that requires IE 6 or better or a recent version of NS. I use the User
Agent plug in to lie and say I am using IE6. That gets me into the site,
but I cannot access the lessons which are a JS menu. The site uses
frames and quite a bit of Flash, but the Flash I don.t think is an issue
because it works well on other sites. The site does use a Windows
server, so I suspect the problem is in the Java code that Windows uses.
I am not much on programmin, but I do believe that I read somewhere that
MS uses their own version of Java and that it has some
intercompatability issues with non-MS Java.

Any clues as to how we deal with this?

- --
Peace!

John