[xubuntu-users] From edgy to hardy heron?

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Wed Jun 4 15:29:57 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I've been running a small shop of edgy installs
for quite a while, love Xubuntu and sure want to
stay with it, but right now I'd like to get a
couple of the machines up on some Koffice apps,
specifically Kplato and Kivio, and but can't get
these with

apt-get install koffice

This results in a lot of 404 errors. Are my
installs so out of date these packages are no
longer available?

My questions is two fold. First, can I get Koffice
from another repository, or do I need to upgrade
to hardy heron now?

If so, is there a way to upgrade from edgy to
hardy heron without losing the current machines'
configurations, locally stored email, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Skip
--