[xubuntu-users] Can't mount drives

Andrew Kane googoleyes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 22:04:53 UTC 2008

Well, that is odd...

Have you tried doing it 'manually' (using mount or pmount in a terminal)?

Do the drives in question show up in /etc/mtab or /etc/fstab?

I don't know why a dist-upgrade would overwrite that latter file, but
under some circumstances that could cause similar problems.

 Are the 'disappearing' drives removable? Are they internal harddisk
partitions (primary or logical? what filesystem?) or other 'fixed'
devices?