[xubuntu-users] Mounting windows partitions with the LiveCD

David Collins db.collins at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 19 23:50:40 UTC 2008

Charlie,

I have several partitions on my internal hard drives (including a
Windows NTFS partition), and did a fresh install of Hardy Xubuntu the
other day and it only defines the root and swap partition in /etc/fstab.
I think this is the behaviour of the install since Hardy.

The full fstab was ...

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
# /dev/sda4
UUID=fff7b283-125f-41b1-85dc-3633ca77b0ea /               ext3
relatime,errors=remount-ro 0       1
# /dev/sda3
UUID=06b60bb3-e21b-40cd-904d-b5fff90b0c55 none            swap    sw
0       0
/dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0
0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto,exec,utf8 0
0

Regards,
David Collins