[xubuntu-users] tablet config on travelmate c110

Francisco cyan255 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 04:28:29 BST 2008

I found this Gentoo forums post about the Acer:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-140845-highlight-acer+c110.html
I think Xubuntu might be set up in a similar way
for instance, /etc/X11/XF86Config is /etc/X11/xorg.conf with Xubuntu...

but first try:

$ls /dev/input/

and see if you find a "wacom" entry there, you can try

$xxd /dev/input/wacom

this should start dumping text if you move your pen around near the screen..

if that's the case you can use /dev/input/wacom as the device path in
your xorg.conf...
add the following to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf but first back up your
existing...

$sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.bak

$sudo mousepad /etc/X11/xorg.conf

##you can put this after your existing input devices:
Section "InputDevice"
	Driver		"wacom"
	Identifier	"stylus"
	Option		"Device"	"/dev/input/wacom"# SERIAL ONLY
	Option		"Type"	"stylus"
	Option		"ForceDevice"	"ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Driver		"wacom"
	Identifier	"eraser"
	Option		"Device"	"/dev/input/wacom"# SERIAL ONLY
	Option		"Type"	"eraser"
	Option		"ForceDevice"	"ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

##You will need to change the ServerLayout section
## to have entries for the wacom device:
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"Default Layout"
	Screen		"Default Screen"
	InputDevice	"Synaptics Touchpad"