[xubuntu-users] attaching new ipod to xubuntu

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:48:41 GMT 2008

On 09/01/2008, Gary Crosby <grcrosby at gmail.com> wrote:

> My wife got me an ipod for Christmas (she found them on sale), one of
> the new 3rd generation Nanos. Unfortunately gtkpod does not list it as
> yet in its available models. The latest version apparently does, but
> does that mean I will have to install that to get it to work, is it
> going to be added to gutsy soon, or is there a repository that I can
> get it from?

I'd keep an eye on GetDeb.net.

Unfortunately, Apple added some layer of encryption or something that made
it a lot more difficult for third-party developers to support it.

The ipod shows up on the desktop just nicely.

> <rant> I would rather be able to just drag & drop, enough of this
> wading through folders & obscure gui's, ;^)</rant>

I'd prefer that too. In fact, when I bought my G2 Nano, I wanted to put
Rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org/) on it which would allow me to do just
that. Unfortunately, they also added something to the G2 Nano that made it a
lot of work for the Rockbox developers to get to support it, so it's still
no possible. That was the last time I bought an Apple product :(

thanks

--
Vincent