[xubuntu-users] attaching new ipod to xubuntu

Gary Crosby grcrosby at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:32:53 GMT 2008

My wife got me an ipod for Christmas (she found them on sale), one of
the new 3rd generation Nanos. Unfortunately gtkpod does not list it as
yet in its available models. The latest version apparently does, but
does that mean I will have to install that to get it to work, is it
going to be added to gutsy soon, or is there a repository that I can
get it from?

The ipod shows up on the desktop just nicely.

<rant> I would rather be able to just drag & drop, enough of this
wading through folders & obscure gui's, ;^)</rant>