[xubuntu-users] got Fluxbox .. is there a smart way to remove XFce?

'2+ electriclightheads at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:35:59 UTC 2008

don't know why but jack & rt-kernel of Ubuntu & Fluxbuntu
doesn't work properly on my OptiplexGX150
so now i have Fluxbox running on Xubuntu
thanx to the LanguageSupport of XFce
i could have my Japanese input environment set up super easily!
but i find Flux at Xubuntu a bit heavy
compared to Flux native distros such as Fluxbuntu & EcoLinuxLight

is this because i have XFce remaining on my system?
if i simply remove that with aptitude or apt-get
do you think i will lack more than i have expected?
i can re-install the apps
but am afraid of having to learn and do the Japanese input set-up manually

tia

--
'2+
http://micro.ispretty.com