[xubuntu-users] Re-Partition My Harddrive

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:28:02 UTC 2008

Good question.  You're right - now that the Xubuntu Live CD has Gparted
on it and it is almost the latest version.  Yeah, use that.

I already have GParted Live on CD and on a USB stick, so I use that
without thinking.  I can still think of 2 advantages of using the
GParted Live CD -
 * boots up faster (not relevant in this case)
 * Recently I was working on some old server hardware with hardware
RAID.  Ubuntu didn't recognise the disk setup, but the Debian-based
GParted Live CD was fine - GParted started up showing all the logical
disks that has been created on the RAID set.