[xubuntu-users] No sound in Xubuntu whatsoever

Jonathan D. Armendariz jarmenda at gmx.com
Thu Dec 4 00:01:01 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a bit of an issue that has me stumped. As per the title well, I
get no sound whatsoever. Interesting thing is that I know for a fact the
audio card (Ensoniq AudioPCI) I have installed works as it operates just
fine using Kubuntu and Ubuntu (both 8.10) but of course with a few minor
tweaks. I have it set for my card in the Xfce settings manager but still
no luck. I am led to believe that it may be due to some missing software
component but no idea which one it might be. If anyone has any ideas or
something to get me in the general direction I'd certainly would
appreciate it.

--
All the world 's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time

- William Shakespeare: As You Like It (Act II, Scene VII)