[xubuntu-users] copy paste problem

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Wed Dec 3 17:58:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:19:22 -0700
"leegold" <leegold at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I notice some action in the copying/pasting in Xuuntu that I'm
> not used to:
>
> If I highlight and copy a line from the terminal and then try to paste
> to mousepad it works OK.
>
> But if I close the terminal before I paste it then the copy/paste
> does not work.
>
> I'm noticing this throughout my Xubuntu experience - that
> items/strings I copy get lost - IMO, once something gets copied it
> should stick there...
>
> Is there some thing I don't know about how this works in Linux
> and/or Xubuntu?
>
> Using 8.10
>
> Thanks

I confirm that behavior. I think the clipboard is temporary and
whatever you copied to it disappears when the application closes. This
seems to be true though only if you have not used the data. If you
paste first, then close the place you copied from, it seems to stay
most of the time.

Good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz