[xubuntu-users] more video trouble

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sun Aug 24 17:25:41 BST 2008

Andrew Kane schrieb:
>> Hi Andew,
>> as it seems you changed from an older monitor to a more recent LCD.
> No, both monitors are CRT.

I never saw a 17" CRT (cathode ray tube, that is), which displays
1280x1024 properly, are you sure?
>> Another tip might be to use the digital output (DVI) that your Radeon
>> 9200 provides. However, this will only make sense, if your monitor has
>> a digital (DVI) input.
> That's a good idea, but this particular card has no DVI out. I don't
> know the actual vendor since the card came with the machine and has no
> labeling to speak of.

Strange. I do have a stripped down version (9200 SE) in use (actually
I removed it from my Linux box to a windows PC, since ATI supports
windows way longer than Linux ;-( )
And even this lowest cost, lowest performance 9200 has DVI out.

> Thanks for the response :)

You're wellcome

Kind regards