[xubuntu-users] 8.04: When?

Michael Schmarck michael.schmarck at habmalnefrage.de
Fri Apr 25 05:21:20 UTC 2008

Cyril Slobin <slobin at ice.ru> wrote:

> On 4/24/08, Michael Schmarck
> <michael.schmarck at habmalnefrage.de> wrote:
>
>>  I had a look at the torrent.ubuntu.com server and saw that there's
>>  already a torrent file available and I'm now happily downloading
>>  that (and leave it seeding for about a day or so).
>
> I believe they have made a severe error putting torrent files and iso
> images on the same server.

Well, put it that way: It also took me quite by surprise to see,
that the actual .iso files are also available in the same directory,
where the .torrent files are hosted. I sort of can understand that
they want to keep this stuff together, but I think I would've configured
the webserver so, that it does not serve the .iso files. At least not
right now. In a week or two, it might make good sense to serve .iso's
also from there.

But, well, "they" have their reasons, one must hope :)

Michael