[xubuntu-users] Kde Kicker in Xubuntu?

Sam Walton s.j.walton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 11:45:06 UTC 2007

I would like to use the Kde Kicker in Xubuntu.

I installed the kicker using "sudo apt-get install kicker", all was fine.
The kicker also runs however it generates various errors  when running,

"X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device"

I can cope with these errors, however when I try to "configure panel" all I
get given is...

"The specified kicker could not be found.

The diagnostics is:
Library file for "kcm_kicker.la" not found in paths."

It then says that this could be "because your last KDE upgrade left orphaned
packages"  or  "Yu have old third party modules lying around"

Any idea how to solve this?

Thankyou in advance.
--
Sam Walton