[xubuntu-users] Terminal problem PLUS Celtx install problem

JS jks at johnkennethstewart.com
Tue Nov 6 05:49:44 UTC 2007

Hi
I apologise for my ignorance in advance as I am new to both Xubuntu and
Linux in general. I have installed the latest Xubuntu on a Dell desktop
machine and everything seemed to be fine until I tried to install Celtx
(the Linix version).

After many hours of failing at this and looking through documentation I
have come to the conclusion that part of my problem is that I can't open
Terminal. However I try to open Terminal, using the keyboard or through
the Applications/Accessories menu or by right clicking, the screen goes
nuts, then black, then reappears at the splash screen with the user log in.

I assume that this is either me doing something wrong, or a bug, or a
problem with the install - (which I've hardly had time to screw up!).

I'd be very grateful if someone could help with either or both problems
- given that any help with Celtx alone would have to be without using
Terminal.

Regards
John