[xubuntu-users] Missing Xubuntu Menus

Victor voronv at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 02:41:54 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,

I have tried the live Xubuntu 7.04 CD on my PIII/600MHz desktop PC.
Pretty fast, I must say.

But what's the heck - where is all the menu controls? I have nothing on a top along with Application link and the bottom panel is also missing. Overall I've got only two icons: one for File Manager and another - for Install.

At the end it was just my DOS experience that helped me to find out the Alt-F4 shutdown key.
What went wrong? Is is a pecularity of a live CD? Will the menu appear after installation on hard drive?

Thank you for you future answers.
Would be also nice if you tell what is the Linux's counterpart for Windows's task manager? With my system hanging every the time when Linux obviously cannot handle some of my hardware it is a necessity to have something to kill the process.

Very best to everyone!

Sincerely yours,
Victor

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.