[xubuntu-users] Feisty Fawn and apt-get

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Sat May 5 21:31:49 UTC 2007

Yes, it does have an internet connection, I
configured that first.

I can't get any of the typical packages I installed
with Edgy, others include gaim, konqueror, k3b and
others.

Haven't tried the CD, but I did try Synaptics and it
didn't get anything. I'm more accustomed to apt-get
because I've used that on Debian quite a bit.

The machine is back at the office, so I can't show
ou the sources.list file today, but as I set it does
have universe and multiverse enabled.

Skip

Stefan Schwarzburg wrote:
> Have you tried it with one of the graphical installers: Synaptics,
> Add/Remove ?
> Can you download any other package?
> Do you want to show us the sources.list?
> Does the machine have internet connection?
> Have you tried adding the CD to your repository and does apt-get work
> with any of the packages from that CD?
>
> 2007/5/5, Skip Evans <skip at bigskypenguin.com
> <mailto:skip at bigskypenguin.com>>:
>
>     Hey all,
>
>     I've installed Feisty Fawn on the curmudgeon
>     barber's machine, but it won't get any of the
>     outside packages I've tried to get. I've tried an
>
>     apt-get install {package}
>
>     ...on digikam, kate, gftp, and others. All stuff I
>     had no trouble getting with Edgy.
>
>     I checked the sources.list file and it has both
>     universe and multiverse enabled.
>
>     Is there something with the FF repositories or
>     something I'm missing?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Skip
>

>     --
>     Skip Evans
>     Big Sky Penguin, LLC
>     61 W Broadway
>     Butte, Montana 59701
>     406-782-2240

> Institut für Astronomie und Astrophysik
> Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
> Sand 1   -  D-72076 Tübingen
> schwarz at astro.uni-tuebingen.de <mailto:schwarz at astro.uni-tuebingen.de>
> stefan.schwarzburg at googlemail.com <mailto:stefan.schwarzburg at googlemail.com>
>
> Tel.: 07071/29-78605

Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
61 W Broadway
Butte, Montana 59701
406-782-2240

Check out PHPenguin, a lightweight and versatile
PHP/MySQL development framework.

http://phpenguin.bigskypenguin.com