[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu for Curmudgeons

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Fri May 4 15:12:34 UTC 2007

Vincent wrote:
> You can way easier add items to the panel, it has Deskbar, and it has
> NetworkManager, that's what I like of Ubuntu over Xubuntu. What keeps me
> with Xubuntu however is it's speed.

This machine is a few years old. Not ancient, but
not exactly cutting edge hardware, so I think Xu
will be good for it.

Plus he does little else but browse the web and
send email to his kids. Firefox and Thunderbird
will be most of everything he needs. Maybe Digikam
to send his kids pictures. I think that's about it.

--
Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC