[xubuntu-users] Latest Feisty hangs on "Loading..."

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 17:16:20 UTC 2007

Hi Clayton,

Thanks for giving it a try.  :)  I'm not a technical expert, and could use
brush-up on my bug-reporting skills myself, but the first thing to check is
to see if your downloaded image and burnt-cd have any errors.

To check the downloaded image for any errors, use your command-line terminal
to navigate to the folder where the ISO is saved to your hard drive, and
then type in "md5sum name-of-file.iso".  After a couple of moments, your
computer will return an "md5sum" code to you.  You can go to the web page
where you downloaded the ISO and look for a text file called md5sum.  If
your md5sum matches the md5sum on the website, then you know that your
original download is good.

If it is good, the next thing to do would be to check the integrity of your
CD.  You can do that by putting it in your computer, and then selecting
"check cd for defects" or (something similar) when the initial
boot-selection screen comes up.  It will take a couple of minutes to check,
but

It's normally a good idea to do these to checks every time you go to test or
install an image.

If that passes, then it's time to check for bugs.  :-)  Rather than explain
all of that here, I'd suggest checking out the informative wiki page,
Helping with bugs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs

Thanks, and good luck, :)

Jim

jwcampbell at gmail.com